THINGS TO PURCHASE:
1. Reservoir, 35-55 gallon garbage can. We like the Rubbermaid Brute brand. This will hold water and nutrients. Rain barrels work fine but not the white ones, as they let light in and will cause algae to grow.
2. ¾” steel electrical conduit – one 10 foot section of conduit PER TOWER. Available anywhere.
3. Root Pots – These are optional but a good idea. Large plastic pots or Styrofoam beer coolers work well. Anything will work as long as you can drill holes in the bottom (more on that later). These go under the pots, rest on the ground, and are where you can grow beets and carrots. See our website for reservoir pics.
4. Spray Nozzle – We also recommend a new sprayer for the end of your hose that has a dial of different settings (mist, full, jet, etc). This will come in very handy.
5. Small magnetic level to keep the conduit straight as you drive it into the ground. $4 at Home Depot
6.You also need a decent hose and most likely an extension cord that the timer will plug into, depending on the garden location. Get good ones.